Monday, November 29, 2010

Bittersweet

We're hanging out again. Staying up too late, whispering too much, stealing glances too often.

He lights a cigarette, takes a long drag and hits play. Lewis Taylor floods the room. I find myself swaying to the beat.

He remembers, dark nights and deep thoughts flow from veiled affections. Overwhelmed by chemistry we commanded each others attention. Lost in an affair so much bigger than ourselves we paid the price for passion.

I remember, lips seeking salvation from sinful smiles. Drowning in infatuation, succumbing to addiction, refusing to temper the need. We paid no mind to the vines suffocating our senses.

I take him in, ever the rogue I ached for.

His desirous eyes rake across my form.

Memories haunt our reunion. With a glance he's inflamed my soul. With a lingering touch I've ensnared him.

His breath on my ear breaks me from my reverie.

'Let's not wait so long again...'

1 comment:

Matt Bevins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.