Saturday, April 26, 2008

To idiot #5,

last night i had a dream someone proposed to me through my parents.
this morning i woke up to a phone call.
& they tell me I'm not psychic.

Love is...

a furtive glance, another & another

a nervous smile & awkward first conversation

a shiver of anticipation

swollen lips & fingers creeping across skin

midnight musings & sleepy voices

a front seat, backseat & rooftop

sun across an exposed back & fingers in hair

sleepless nights & stupid smiles

feeling without needing

love is independence.

love is not tradition.


2 comments:

Fox Dryden said...

Yep, I'm shocked to hear that you almost got married off at such a tender age =P
The second half of this, though, was wonderful. <3

RnB said...

hah hah Crazy indian wedding boogaloo.

Jeez you're ancient by 23, hah hah.

Sorry, it's just ranting I do towards pplz of Indian descent that's spilled to others of similar ilk.

In 2004 a female cousin of mine that's the same age as my brother (born 1981) and another female cousin of mine that's the same age as me (born in 1982) got married. I just thought & sometimes joked to them. Why get married so freakin early. I think they both may have kids now.. yeeeech, I couldn't deal with all that so soon.